Patient Reference Group
What is the Patient Reference Group ?
The Patient Reference Group is a group of people from the Practice Population who have expressed an interest to be part of the group. The aim of the Patient Reference Group is to work towards improving and developing patient services. This group of patients help voice the views, needs and requirements of our Practice Population. The group helps influence a positive change in the services provided by Hebden Bridge Group Practice. The Reference Group comprises of the group members, Doctors, Practice Secretary, Practice Business Manager and staff.
Aims of the Patient Participation Group
· To actively involve patients in making suggestions to improve the services provided
· To obtain feedback on the quality of the services provided
· To discuss issues and expectations from the patients’ point of view
· To encourage a positive relationship between the patients and all of the surgery staff
· To be realistic about what you can achieve and to look for small changes that can make a real difference
· To work together constructively and positively to help identify solutions and to work in partnership with the practice and other local organisations
· To encourage patients to engage in their own healthcare and future needs
The main aim of the patient reference group is to work to improve services from a patient point of view.
Benefits of having a Patient Reference Group
Good for patients
· Patients will take more responsibilty for their own health
· Patients will have a clearer understanding and knowledge of the practice and staff
· Patients will benefit from improved communications with staff
· Patient will have a forum to suggest positive ideas and voice their concerns
Good for practice staff
· Staff will be able to plan services jointly with patients and this should make services more effective
· Staff will be able to help patients with non-medical and social care issues
· Staff will be able to get help from patients in meeting targets and objectives
· Staff will have a forum to voice concerns, ideas and suggestions to patients
· Staff will build stronger links with their community
For the Practice to be able to continue our Patient Reference Group we need YOU!
Don't forget we also have the Friends & Family Survey so that if you wish to contribute but cannot attend in person and do not have access to email you can still provide feedback and recommendations when you are at the practice.
Patient Participation Group Meetings
The next Patient Reference Group meeting is on the 2nd May 2018 at 12.30 – 2.00pm at Valley Medical Centre.
Join our Patient Participation Group
To join the Patient Reference Group ask at Reception for details of joining and further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org