Patient Reference Group
What is the Patient Reference Group?
Comprises of a group of patients who have expressed an interest in being part of the group. The aim of the Patient Reference Group is to work towards improving and developing patient services. This group of patients help voice the views, needs and requirements of our Practice Patients. The group helps influence a positive change in the services provided by Hebden Bridge Group Practice. The Reference Group comprises of the group members, Practice Business Manager and other health professionals.
Join our Patient Reference Group
We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers for the Group. Members are asked to take part in meetings etc for around two years, others are then given the opportunity to join.
Please speak to our reception staff for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have ideas or issues you would like the group to discuss, you can also raise these via email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE Your email will be viewed only by members of the Patient Reference Group who are all volunteers. Please do not use this for anything other than communication to them.
For anything other than Patient Reference Group issues, please contact the Practice on 01422 415777, via post to Hebden Bridge Group Practice, Valley Medical Centre, Valley Road, Hebden Bridge, HX7 7BZ or via reception.
It may take up to 21 days to receive a reply, thank you for your email.
Don't forget we also have the Friends & Family Survey so that if you wish to contribute but cannot attend in person and do not have access to email you can still provide feedback and recommendations when you are at the practice.
Have your say!
Join our Patient Reference Group today
Aims of the Patient Reference Group
The main aim of the patient reference group is to work to improve services from a patient point of view.
- To actively involve patients in making suggestions to improve the services provided
- To obtain feedback on the quality of the services provided
- To discuss issues and expectations from the patients’ point of view
- To encourage a positive relationship between the patients and all of the surgery staff
- To be realistic about what can be achieved and to look for small changes that can make a real difference
- To work together constructively and positively to help identify solutions and to work in partnership with the practice and other local organisations
- To encourage patients to engage in their own healthcare and future needs
Benefits of having a Patient Reference Group
Good for patients who will:
- Take more responsibility for their own health
- Have a clearer understanding and knowledge of the practice and staff
- Benefit from improved communications with staff
- Have a forum to voice their concerns and suggest how to address these
Good for practice staff who will:
- Be able to plan services jointly with patients in order to make services more effective
- Be able to help patients with non-medical and social care issues
- Be able to get help from patients in meeting targets and objectives
- Have a forum to voice concerns, ideas and suggestions to patients
- Build stronger links with their community