Due to increased national demand unfortunately we have currently used all of the flu vaccine provided to us.
We have requested a further supply from NHS England, but do not yet know exact delivery dates.
If you are eligible please telephone the surgery on 01422 415777 to be added to our waiting list. You will be contacted with an appointment as soon as we receive the vaccine.
Seasonal Flu Vaccination Update
Flu vaccination is available every year on the NHS to help protect adults and children at risk of flu and its complications. The flu vaccine reduces the risk of catching flu, as well as spreading it to others.
It is routinely given on the NHS to :
- Adults 65 years and over.
- People with certain medical conditions (including Children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age)
- Households of those on the shielded patient list.
- Pregnant women
- Children aged 2 – 3 years on 1st September 2020
- Children in primary school and the first year of secondary school ( This is given in school)
- Frontline Health or Social care workers.
Later in the year, the flu vaccine may be given to people aged 50 to 64. More information will be available later in the autumn about these patients.
At Hebden Bridge Group Practice, we are expecting flu vaccines to be delivered early in September and clinics are now available to be booked into. Please call us on 01422 415777 to book if you are eligible.
What to Expect from us :
- All Appointments will be pre-booked, with a one way system throughout the surgery to maintain social distancing
- Regular cleaning of all surfaces and equipment
- The wearing of appropriate personal protective equipment
- Hand sanitising stations on arrival
What we ask in return please :
- Attend at the exact time of your Appointment
- Attend alone if possible
- Wear a Face Covering
- Observe the social distancing measures that we have put in place
- Wear suitable clothing (ideally tshirts / sleeveless tops) so that you can easily remove outer layers of clothing and easily expose your arm