We have now commenced invitations for flu vaccines.
Invitations are being sent following clinical priority for eligible cohorts.
We are running vaccination days for pre-booked appointments only on Saturday 11th September and 25th September.
If you have received your invite please telephone the surgery on 01422 415777 to book your vaccination.
We cannot invite all eligible cohorts at once, but please be assured that as soon as possible, you will reveive an invite.
Please do not telephone to book until you receive your invitation.
Seasonal Flu Vaccination Update
Flu vaccination is available every year on the NHS to help protect adults and children at risk of flu and its complications. The flu vaccine reduces the risk of catching flu, as well as spreading it to others.
It is routinely given on the NHS to :
- Adults 50 years and over.
- People with certain medical conditions (including Children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age)
- Households of those on the shielded patient list.
- Pregnant women
- Children aged 2 – 3 years on 1st September 2020
- Children in primary school and the first year of secondary school ( This is given in school)
- Frontline Health or Social care workers.
At Hebden Bridge Group Practice, we are expecting flu vaccines to be delivered early in September and clinics are now available to be booked into. Please call us on 01422 415777 to book if you are eligible.
What to Expect from us :
- All Appointments will be pre-booked, with a one way system throughout the surgery to maintain social distancing
- Regular cleaning of all surfaces and equipment
- The wearing of appropriate personal protective equipment
- Hand sanitising stations on arrival
What we ask in return please :
- Attend at the exact time of your Appointment
- Attend alone if possible
- Wear a Face Covering
- Observe the social distancing measures that we have put in place
- Wear suitable clothing (ideally tshirts / sleeveless tops) so that you can easily remove outer layers of clothing and easily expose your arm